Pursue continual improvement in social performance and contribute to the social, economic and institutional development of host countries and communities
- Engage at the earliest practical stage with all likely affected parties to discuss and respond to issues and conflicts concerning the management of social impacts.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place for continual interaction with affected parties; ensure that minorities and other marginalised groups have equitable and culturally appropriate means of engagement.
- Contribute to community development from exploration to closure in collaboration with host communities and their representatives.
- Encourage partnerships with governments and non-governmental organisations to ensure that programmes (such as community health, education, local business development) are well designed and effectively delivered.
- Enhance social and economic development by seeking opportunities to address poverty.