This tool provides a set of Key Performance Areas (KPA) and illustrative examples of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support implementation of good closure practices at an operational level.
- An operation with clear closure objectives and related context-relevant indicators, against which performance can be measured are best placed to achieve their closure objectives.
- Indicators should cover a ‘plan-do-check-act’ (PDCA) approach.
- They should take into consideration outcomes relating to risks to the business as well as outcomes for society and the environment.
- This tool doesn't prescribe what indicators should be, but instead provides illustrative examples for asset leaders, including application notes. These site-level measures may be aggregated to provide visibility at key decision-making points, centrally and at senior management level. Some suggestions for aggregated indicators are also shared.
- This tool should be used in conjunction with ICMM’s Integrated Mine Closure: Good practice guide, which provides guidance on all aspects of closure planning and implementation.