Adapting ICMM's 'Integrated Mine Closure: Good Practice Guide' into Training Materials
ICMM has developed a range of resources based on the key concepts of the Integrated Mine Closure: Good Practice Guide to improve awareness and strengthen capabilities in integrated closure planning.
The training materials have been developed in slide pack format, specifically for site closure specialists who are familiar with the closure activities of the site to deliver. The target audience are site-based staff with a role in closure planning and delivery, but who are not themselves closure specialists. The materials can be customised to an individual site or company to add greater applicability to the audience. The training materials are also freely available for non-ICMM members, educational institutions and other interested parties to improve and strengthen capabilities in closure planning throughout the industry.
- The training materials are based on the 16 key elements of the Integrated Mine Closure: Good Practice Guide and associated tools.
- The training materials are in five slide deck modules with accompanying case studies and practical exercises.
- The slide decks have embedded facilitator notes, providing suggestion on how to structure the modules and training to focus on specific elements and considerations for mine closure.
- Each module contains learning aims and objectives, includes theory and practical exercises to brainstorm site context and aims to encourage the audience to think about their current site-specific closure opportunities or challenges.
- The training materials also include activities using ICMM’s Closure Maturity Framework to help site teams communicate and understand their current and aspirational level of closure maturity.