Gender-responsive EITI for inclusive and sustainable management of the extractive sector
ICMM's Nicky Black joins high-level representatives from government, industry and civil society to discuss how the EITI can contribute to advancing gender equality in the extractive sector.
Hosted by EITI
26 May 2021
EITI and the Gender Justice and Extractives Industries Working Group – a group of civil society organisations – host a virtual peer-learning workshop on advancing gender equality in the extractives sector. Drawing on the expertise of civil society partners and EITI practitioners, the event focuses on four themes:
- Gendered impacts of corruption.
- Advancing women’s rights through reporting.
- Gender in extractive sector policies and legal frameworks.
- Managing social and economic benefits.
- Mark Robinson, Executive Director, EITI International Secretariat
- Rt Hon. Helen Clark, EITI Board Chair.
- Haroon Chakhansuri, Minister of Mines and Petroleum, Afghanistan.
- Memory Kachambwa, Executive Director, FEMNET.
- Nicky Black, Director, Social and Economic Development Programme, ICMM.
- Elisa Peter, Executive Director, PWYP.