The Global Tailings Review – co-convened by ICMM, UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) – is pleased to announce that the Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management will be launched on Wednesday 5 August 2020.
A virtual event to mark the launch will take place at 1pm BST / 9am BRT. This 90 minute event will give interested stakeholders an opportunity to learn about the Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management.
Speakiong at the event will be:
- Angelica Amanda Andrade, Community Representative from Brumadinho
Dr Bruno Oberle, Chair, Global Tailings Review
- Ligia Noronha, Director Economy Division, United Nations Environment Programme
- Adam Matthews, Director of Ethics & Engagement, Church of England Pensions Board
- Tom Butler, Chief Executive, International Council on Mining and Metals
- Antonia Mihaylova, Global Tailings Review
The presentation will be followed by a moderated Q&A session so please submit your questions on the day using the Q&A function.
To participate, please ensure you register for this event. For those who are unable to join, the event will be recorded and made available .