Facilitate and support the knowledge-base and systems for responsible design, use, re-use, recycling and disposal of products containing metals and minerals
- Advance understanding of the properties of metals and minerals and their life-cycle effects on human health and the environment.
- Conduct or support research and innovation that promotes the use of products and technologies that are safe and efficient in their use of energy, natural resources and other materials.
- Develop and promote the concept of integrated materials management throughout the metals and minerals value chain.
- Provide regulators and other stakeholders scientifically sound data and analysis regarding our products and operations on which they can make regulatory decisions.
- Support the development of scientifically sound policies, regulations, product standards and material choices that encourage the safe use of mineral and metal products.