Pursue continual improvement in environmental performance issues, such as water stewardship, energy use and climate change
- Assess positive and negative, direct and indirect, and cumulative environmental impacts of new projects – from exploration to closure.
- Implement an environmental management system of continual improvement to review, prevent, mitigate or ameliorate adverse environmental impacts.
- Rehabilitate land disturbed or occupied by operations in accordance with appropriate post-mining land uses.
- Provide for safe storage and disposal of residual wastes and process residues.
- Design and plan adequate resources to meet the closure requirements of all operations.