Increasingly, customers, governments, civil society organisations and consumers are seeking to purchase goods that have been produced in socially and environmentally responsible ways. This guide provides ICMM members with practical advice on sustainable procurement and responsible supply practices.
- This toolkit helps ICMM members, metal commodity associations, national mining associations and stakeholders understand, navigate and respond to external responsible sourcing, and to improve their own sustainable procurement practices.
- The guide begins with guidance on development: understanding the value-chain, identifying risks and capitalising on opportunities for improvement, establishing or enhancing a sustainable procurement programme and participating as a supplier or participant in a responsible sourcing programme.
- The next section focuses on engagement: how ICMM members can develop and share the knowledge required to progress sustainable procurement and effectively participate in a Responsible Sourcing Programme.
- These sections also provide suggestions on information and data collection.
- The Integration chapters provide guidance on integrating sustainable procurement and responsible sourcing practices into business.
- The final section looks beyond 2030 and how expectations will evolve for responsible sourcing.