The primary purpose of the Manager, Communications will be to support the successful delivery of ICMM’s communications work programme. Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as deputy to the Director,Communications in programme implementation and strategy development, coordinating a small team of communications professionals.
- Managing the implementation of an integrated communications approach working closely with colleagues and members.
- Supporting project management of ICMM’s communications campaign pilot project.
- Managing ICMM’s strategic events schedule and coordination of organisational stakeholder relationships.
- Coordinating the development and dissemination of ICMM’s messaging.
The manager will report to ICMM’s Director, Communications. Although this position has no formal direct reports, the role involves leadership responsibilities in the coordination of important projects and activities.
The position is based in Central London and may include up to 15% international travel.
Qualifications and experience
- Outstanding people skills with proven experience in leading teams.
- Ability to develop succinct and compelling messaging in response to emerging issues.
- Strong writing and communications skills. Ability to represent the organisation in a professional way.
- Experience in managing communications platforms and disciplines (e.g. news media, social media, digital and brand) and reporting to senior positions.
- Project management, prioritisation and planning skills. Ability to manage several projects/budgets in parallel.
- Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in communications or related experience.
- Fluent English.
- Knowledge/experience of the mining or other extractive industries and/or sustainable development.
- Fluent or working Spanish.
How to apply
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter, including details of your current compensation package, to email@example.com by close of business (GMT) on 8 December, 2017.
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.